VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine apple and water. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir in brown sugar. Cover and cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in sour cream and cinnamon. Cover and cook at 50% power for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 minutes or until brown sugar is melted, stirring once. Stir until blended. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Apple Dessert Sauce in Taste of Home December/January 2009, p28
Reviews forApple Dessert Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 3, 2011
"This is a great recipe. It took 5 minutes to throw together. I served it over Buttered Pecan Ice Cream."