Apple Dessert Sauce
Purchased pound cake gets dressy with this quick and creamy sauce. “It's so easy, even kids can make this!” —Jacqueline Graves, Cumming, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine apple and water. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir in brown sugar. Cover and cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in sour cream and cinnamon. Cover and cook at 50% power for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 minutes or until brown sugar is melted, stirring once. Stir until blended. Serve warm with ice cream.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 193 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Apple Sauce Dessert in Taste of Home December/January 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.