Apple Delight Salad
This refreshing fruit salad gets a triple crunch from apples, celery and walnuts. The simple yogurt dressing really enhances the flavor.—Joyce Dancey, Clearwatewr, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3-1/2 cups chopped apples
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 6 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine the apples, celery, raisins and walnuts. In another bowl, combine the yogurt, sugar substitute and cinnamon until blended. Pour over apple mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 88 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 22mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Apple Delight Salad in Country Woman September/October 2000