- 8 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 cups chopped dates
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Additional apple slices, optional
- Combine the apples and dates in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Add nuts; sprinkle over apples. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until the apples are tender. Serve warm. Garnish with apple slices if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forApple Date Crisp
"Delicious. Not too sweet. Apple flavor really shines through. I substituted rolled oats for nuts due to allergy concerns, and for spices combined a teaspoon mixture of nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon. Family voted it best apple crisp recipe ever."
"This is so good it ought to be illegal. My new fave dessert.FIVE STARS !!!!!"