Apple-Curry Tuna Melts
From Logan, Utah, Edie DeSpain relates, "You'll want to make plenty of these delicious open-faced sandwiches because your family will come back for seconds." Curry powder puts a twist on traditional tuna salad, adding a colorful appearance and delightful taste.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup diced apple
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 can (5 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 4 slices bread, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 Kerrygold slices cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; stir in the tuna until well coated.
- Spread 1/4 cup on each slice of toast; sprinkle with walnuts. Top with a slice of cheese. Broil 5 in. from the heat until cheese is melted.