Apple Crisp Pizza
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- Pastry for a single-crust pie
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 medium baking apples, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping or caramel apple dip
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Roll pastry to fit a 12-in. pizza pan; fold under or flute the edges. Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl. Add apples and toss. Arrange the apples in a single layer in a circular pattern to completely cover pastry. Combine the first five topping ingredients; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from the oven and immediately drizzle with caramel topping or dip. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 286 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 23, 2019
This is a great recipe, and it was a fun dessert for our family pizza night! I decreased the amount of sugar I used since I used a sweeter variety of apple. The amount of cinnamon was perfect. The topping was nice and I loved the addition of the caramel sauce.
Jun 18, 2018
My son and I made this for my husband for Father's Day. Turned out perfect. We used honeycrisp apples, and I felt with the average honeycrisp size, we only needed about 3 apples. It's a pretty sugary dessert too, to those out there who are a bit sensitive to that. I'm not fond of overly sweet things, but I still enjoyed one slice. I like that this dessert is thin, so even though you have a large "slice", you're not really filling yourself up. I used dark brown sugar and that seemed to work fine. I put it in for 35 minutes and that was perfect; any longer and I would have had to wrap the outer edge with aluminum foil because it was starting to get quite brown. We completely skipped the caramel dip and ice cream, and we didn't really miss it. I will try some cool whip on top when we reheat the leftovers though. A yummy dessert that we will probably remake in the future.
Feb 23, 2018
I used store-bought pastry to save some time and this was delicious!
Feb 17, 2017
I followed recipe as it was presented. This dessert is spectacular to look at! I made this for the Apple Challenge this week & plan to take it to our Social Hour this afternoon! Apples used were Granny Smith.
Nov 2, 2016
This turned out great!! I just added a couple dashes of nutmeg to the apples as well as the cinnamon. I used Granny Smith and honey crisp apples and the taste was awesome! I will definitely make this again.
Sep 19, 2016
While trying to be a hybrid between a pie and a crisp it does not succeed. Yes it maybe more easier than making a pie but alot more harder than making a crisp. The flavor just fell flat for me. I will still stick to my tried and true apple pie and crisp recipes!
Sep 4, 2016
Delicious, quick and easy! Sometimes an entire pie is just too much for us. This recipe was perfect for dessert with just a few slices leftover that will definitely be gone tomorrow. I forgot the caramel topping, but the vanilla ice cream paired well with this pizza. With apple season just around the corner, I anticipate making this dessert often.
Oct 6, 2015
Super recipe! An apple pie treat with less calories! Will make this often since apple season has hit!
Sep 11, 2015
Sep 21, 2014
Fantastic! It was way better than even making an apple pie! Delicious! I will make this again!