Apple Crisp Crescents
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min./batch
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 large egg, separated
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins, chopped
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolk, sour cream and vanilla; add to crumb mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Divide dough into thirds. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 10-in. circle. Combine the apple, walnuts, raisins, sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 1/2 cup over each circle. Cut each circle into 12 wedges.
- Roll up each wedge from the wide end and place point side down 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form crescents. Whisk egg white until foamy; brush over crescents.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 107 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Feb 18, 2017
These were a huge hit! Will be making again and again again!
Dec 30, 2015
I used cranraisins instead of plain raisins to make it a little fest for Christmas. They were certainly a hit. This was the first time i had made them and will continue to make them. I did cut the sugar in half and they still tasted great.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.