Apple-Cranberry Tart Recipe
A treat for all tastes, this one’s sweet, tart and nutty all rolled into one. Make it during the holidays, for birthdays, and whenever you crave something fabulous and fruity.—Sonya Labbe, Los Angeles, California
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup cold butter
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and walnuts; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the apples, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Gently stir in cranberries. Transfer to crust.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and orange peel. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over filling. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 14 servings.
1 slice: 331 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Apple-Cranberry Tart
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC