“My husband and I went to a cranberry festival, and I came home with 5 pounds of the berries! Luckily they freeze well and taste great in this simple dish that I use in place of fruit.” Beverly Koester - Appleton, Wisconsin
Recommended: 47 Cranberry Desserts Worth Puckering Up For
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-3/4 cups unsweetened apple juice, divided
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free cranberry gelatin
- 2 cups chopped peeled Golden Delicious apples
- In a small saucepan, combine cranberries and 1 cup apple juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the berries pop. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in apples and remaining apple juice.
- Pour into a 4-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Unmold onto a serving plate. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apple Cranberry Delight in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008, p17
Reviews forApple Cranberry Delight
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 2, 2008
"I added a little cinnamon to my version and topped with Cool Whip Free. Excellent sweet tooth fix with a little impact to my waistline!"