Apple Cranberry Delight
“My husband and I went to a cranberry festival, and I came home with 5 pounds of the berries! Luckily they freeze well and taste great in this simple dish that I use in place of fruit.” Beverly Koester - Appleton, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-3/4 cups unsweetened apple juice, divided
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free cranberry gelatin
- 2 cups chopped peeled Golden Delicious apples
- In a small saucepan, combine cranberries and 1 cup apple juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the berries pop. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in apples and remaining apple juice.
- Pour into a 4-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Unmold onto a serving plate.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 70 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Originally published as Cranberry Apple Delight in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008