Apple-Cranberry Country Crisp
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3 cups chopped apples, unpeeled
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a bowl, combine the apples, cranberries and sugar; transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish; set aside. Combine topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until the fruit is tender. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 373 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Oct 22, 2015
This is a favorite dessert to make in the fall. I like the fact that the apples need not be peeled. The cranberries give the apples a beautiful color and flavor. I usually use only 1/4 cup butter and 1/3 cup brown sugar in the topping. Sometimes I substitute canola oil for the butter.