Apple-Cranberry Country Crisp
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3 cups chopped apples, unpeeled
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a bowl, combine the apples, cranberries and sugar; transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish; set aside. Combine topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until the fruit is tender. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 373 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 22, 2015
This is a favorite dessert to make in the fall. I like the fact that the apples need not be peeled. The cranberries give the apples a beautiful color and flavor. I usually use only 1/4 cup butter and 1/3 cup brown sugar in the topping. Sometimes I substitute canola oil for the butter.