- 3 cups chopped apples, unpeeled
- 2 cups raw cranberries
- 3/4 to 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Combine apples, cranberries and sugar in 8-in. square baking dish or 2-qt. casserole; mix thoroughly to blend; set aside. Combine topping ingredients until crumbly; spread evenly over fruit layer. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until the fruit is fork-tender. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forApple-Cranberry Country Crisp
"This is a favorite dessert to make in the fall. I like the fact that the apples need not be peeled. The cranberries give the apples a beautiful color and flavor. I usually use only 1/4 cup butter and 1/3 cup brown sugar in the topping. Sometimes I substitute canola oil for the butter."