Apple-Cranberry Breakfast Risotto
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 2 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Heat butter in a 4-quart slow cooker on high heat until melted. Add rice; stir to coat. Add apples, brown sugar, salt and spices. Stir in milk and apple juice.
- Cook, covered, on low until rice is tender, 3-4 hours, stirring halfway. Stir in cranberries during the last 15 minutes of cooking.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 298 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 21, 2018
This came out delicious! And I've never made risotto before. I left out the craisins and sprinkled copied pecans on top. Definitely a keeper! Simple and fast. Mine cooked in a 6 quart crock put for about 2 hours. I would love to try substituting ingredients to make a savory dish, too.