Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 quarts water
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) sliced pears, drained
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- In a large saucepan, cook cranberries and water over medium-high heat until berries pop, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain. Add remaining ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until mixture boils. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 113 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 0 protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 23, 2014
I have been making this for years , it's so good! A must have on our Thanksgiving menu
Sep 2, 2012
make it every Turkey day..
Nov 12, 2011
Ever since I found this recipe years ago, I make it for Thanksgiving. It turns out great, makes a lot. I have tweaked it a little bit to my liking, mostly cutting the fruit into bite size pieces and we love it warm or cold!