Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 quarts water
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) sliced pears, drained
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- In a large saucepan, cook cranberries and water over medium-high heat until berries pop, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain. Add remaining ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until mixture boils. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 113 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 0 protein.
Nov 23, 2014
I have been making this for years , it's so good! A must have on our Thanksgiving menu
Sep 2, 2012
make it every Turkey day..
Nov 12, 2011
Ever since I found this recipe years ago, I make it for Thanksgiving. It turns out great, makes a lot. I have tweaked it a little bit to my liking, mostly cutting the fruit into bite size pieces and we love it warm or cold!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.