Apple Corn Bread Crisp
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups peeled sliced tart apples (about 4-5 medium)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or to taste)
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together apples and 1/4 cup brown sugar. In another bowl, combine corn bread mix, oats, cinnamon and remaining brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Add 1/2 cup corn bread mixture to apples. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle remaining corn bread mixture over top. Bake until filling is bubbly and topping golden brown, 30-35 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 421 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 5g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 14, 2017
SO good!! The cornbread mix , along with oats, cinnamon and butter was delicious. Made the recipe exactly as written. Easy to make, and we loved the crispy topping and sweet apples underneath. Top it with vanilla ice cream! Will definitely make again!Volunteer Field Editor
Oct 15, 2017
This was delicious, and the topping was perfect with the corn bread mix. I will definitely make this again!
Oct 1, 2017
I second the review that I'll never make another apple crisp recipe again. The corn meal gives this recipe the perfect amount of texture/crunchiness that is lacking in other recipes. My experience with most apple crisp recipes is that the topping gets soft/soggy very quickly (if not eaten right away). This recipe is outstanding and so simple to make!
Sep 25, 2017
Excellent! I will never make another apple crisp recipe. This was outstanding!!
Sep 10, 2017
Oh my deliciousness!!! I doubled the recipe for a family gathering but followed the directions. I used my kitchenaid to cut the butter in since I don't have a pastry cutter. Sooo yummy, it's my new apple crisp recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.