- 4 cups peeled sliced tart apples (about 4-5 medium)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or to taste)
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together apples and 1/4 cup brown sugar. In another bowl, combine corn bread mix, oats, cinnamon and remaining brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Add 1/2 cup corn bread mixture to apples. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle remaining corn bread mixture over top. Bake until filling is bubbly and topping golden brown, 30-35 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forApple Corn Bread Crisp
"SO good!! The cornbread mix , along with oats, cinnamon and butter was delicious. Made the recipe exactly as written. easy to make, and we loved the crispy topping and sweet apples underneath. Top it with vanilla ice cream! Will definitely make again!Volunteer Field Editor"
"This was delicious, and the topping was perfect with the corn bread mix. I will definitely make this again!"
"I second the review that I'll never make another apple crisp recipe again. The corn meal gives this recipe the perfect amount of texture/crunchiness that is lacking in other recipes. My experience with most apple crisp recipes is that the topping gets soft/soggy very quickly (if not eaten right away). This recipe is outstanding and so simple to make!"
"Excellent! I will never make another apple crisp recipe. This was outstanding!!"
"Oh my deliciousness!!! I doubled the recipe for a family gathering but followed the directions. I used my kitchenaid to cut the butter in since I don't have a pastry cutter. Sooo yummy, it's my new apple crisp recipe."