- 4 cups peeled sliced tart apples (about 4-5 medium)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or to taste)
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together apples and 1/4 cup brown sugar. In another bowl, combine corn bread mix, oats, cinnamon and remaining brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Add 1/2 cup corn bread mixture to apples. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle remaining corn bread mixture over top. Bake until filling is bubbly and topping golden brown, 30-35 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forApple Corn Bread Crisp
"This was delicious, and the topping was perfect with the corn bread mix. I will definitely make this again!"
"I second the review that I'll never make another apple crisp recipe again. The corn meal gives this recipe the perfect amount of texture/crunchiness that is lacking in other recipes. My experience with most apple crisp recipes is that the topping gets soft/soggy very quickly (if not eaten right away). This recipe is outstanding and so simple to make!"
"Excellent! I will never make another apple crisp recipe. This was outstanding!!"
"Oh my deliciousness!!! I doubled the recipe for a family gathering but followed the directions. I used my kitchenaid to cut the butter in since I don't have a pastry cutter. Sooo yummy, it's my new apple crisp recipe."