Apple Coffee Cake Pizza
This family favorite has a delicious fresh apple-pie taste that brightens any holiday table brunch. I've made it for years.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 30 min. + cooling
Makes2 coffee cake pizzas (6-8 servings each)
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- CHEESE TOPPING:
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- APPLE TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a saucepan, heat the water, milk and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Beat in egg until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Press into two greased 12-in. pizza pans; build up edges. In a small bowl, combine the cheese topping ingredients. Spread over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. In a saucepan, combine the apple topping ingredients; simmer, uncovered, until apples are tender. Spoon over cream cheese layer.
- Combine streusel ingredients; sprinkle over apples. Let stand for 15 minutes. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is browned. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm pizzas. Cool on wire racks.
Originally published as Apple Coffee Cake Pizza in Country Woman Christmas 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.