Apple Coffee Cake Bread Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped peeled baking apples
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a mixing bowl, cream sugar and 1/2 cup butter. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Add baking soda to buttermilk; add to creamed mixture. Mix in flour and salt. Stir in apples, nuts and raisins. Pour into two greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over loaves. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over loaves. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Turn out on a wire rack to cool. Slice in 1-1/2-in. pieces to serve. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 slice: 131 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Apple Coffee Cake Bread
"This is a keeper!! Very easy to put together, smells wonderful and tastes even better!!!!"
"This was a very tasty, moist bread. Especially loved the apples and raisins that give sweet bites. And I diced the apples really fine which worked well for slicing. Everyone enjoyed it! Only thing is that it probably fits better to make it into one loaf. I'll definitely be making this again."
"This has delicious flavor!! My only problem with it was I think I chunked up my apples too big so it wouldn't slice. I had to serve it as cake. That was OK, but I didn't get 16 servings out of one loaf then. Next time I think I will shred the apples. Again, this flavor was wonderful!!"