Patricia Aurand of Findlay, Ohio shares her warm, comforting cider with a twist of pineapple and citrus that's just perfect for the season. And this tangy treat will warm hands of all sizes, big or small.
Recommended: Halloween Drinks
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 6 whole allspice
- 6 whole cloves
- 4 cups lemon-lime soda
- In a large saucepan, combine the apple juice, pineapple juice concentrate, sugar and lemon slices. Place the cinnamon sticks, allspice and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with kitchen string to form a bag. Add to pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes. Discard spice bag. Stir in lemon-lime soda; cook for 4-6 minutes or until heated through (do not boil). Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Apple Citrus Cider in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p42
Reviews forApple Citrus Cider
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2013
"Can you give the amount of Pineapple Concentrate that is used in the recipe. I only see the 8 cups of apple."