Apple Cinnamon Puffs
When I was growing up on a farm, my mother always made homemade bread and rolls. Walking home from school, I think I could smell the bread baking a mile away! I've always liked to try new dishes...fortunately, my husband also likes to eat them! We have an apple tree, so I'm always looking for different apple recipes.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Mix well. Add warm water, oil and egg. Blend on low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes on medium speed. By hand, gradually stir in remaining flour to make a soft dough. Stir in apples. Spoon into 12 well-greased muffin cups. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes (do not cover). Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. For topping, combine sugar, cinnamon and nuts. Dip tops of warm puffs in melted butter, then sprinkle with sugar mixture. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 195 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Apple Cinnamon Puffs in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.