When the weather starts turning warmer, this coleslaw is often a welcome change from ordinary pasta or potato salads. I often double the batch...much to everyone's delight.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1-1/2 cups chopped apple
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 cup (8 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, toss the cabbage, apple, raisins and walnuts if desired. Combine the yogurt, apple juice and cinnamon. Pour cover cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 101 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Apple-Cinnamon Coleslaw in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.