This cake is equally good for breakfast or dessert, so be sure to not eat all of it after dinner! Easy to make, it's super moist on the inside and has a crispy, cinnamon-rich crunch on the outside. —Marideane Maxwell, Albany, Georgia
Recommended: 28 Apple Recipes to Make in a 13x9 Pan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 6 tablespoons cinnamon sugar, divided
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan. Combine cake mix, pie filling, eggs and oil; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Pour half of the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons cinnamon sugar. Add remaining cake mix; top with remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and enough water to reach desired consistency. Spoon glaze over cake, allowing some to flow over sides. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Apple Cinnamon Cake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p114