Apple Cider Salad Recipe
I especially like to present this salad at holiday potlucks. By adding food coloring to the bottom layer, I can easily create a fun, festive look.
- 1-3/4 cups apple cider or juice, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- Red or green food coloring, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup apple cider to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in cherry gelatin until dissolved. Stir in remaining cider. Chill until mixture begins to thicken. Stir in apples. Pour into an oiled 6-cup mold; chill until set.
- 2. Meanwhile, soften unflavored gelatin in cold water. In a saucepan, whisk applesauce and cream cheese until smooth. Add milk and unflavored gelatin; cook and stir over low heat for 4 minutes or until gelatin completely dissolves. Add food coloring if desired.
- 3. Chill until mixture begins to thicken. Pour over first layer. Chill until set. Unmold onto a serving platter. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1/2 cup: 148 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Apple Cider Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC