Apple Cider Chicken Quinoa Skillet
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked apple chicken sausage links or flavor of your choice, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped fresh kale
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add sausage and onion; cook and stir until sausage is golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Add broth, cider and salt; bring to a boil. Stir in kale and quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed, 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 492 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 888mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 6g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 10, 2019
This is a great healthy recipe. I used ground chicken instead of the chicken sausage, and I left out the kale, because I did not have any on hand. It is a very filling meal and satisfying. If you leave out the ground chicken, it becomes a vegan recipe, which my granddaughters loved.