When my husband and I lived in South Carolina for a year, some good friends served this wonderful apple chutney and pork dish. It became an instant family favorite and tastes especially good served with Basmati rice. —Cher Anjema, Brampton, Ontario
Recommended: 40 Slow Cooker Recipes Starring Fall's Best Produce
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups chopped peeled apples (3 to 4 apples)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- For chutney, in a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork chops; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with chutney. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apple Chutney Chops in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p12
Reviews forApple Chutney Chops
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 9, 2015
"Great taste. The chutney was really flavorful."
Reviewed Oct. 22, 2014
"made this for the first time and it was wonderful ,I work at a restaurant and put it on as a special one night and sold out tight away"