Apple Chutney Chops
When my husband and I lived in South Carolina for a year, some good friends served this wonderful pork and apple chutney recipe. It became an instant family favorite and tastes especially good served with Basmati rice. —Cher Anjema, Brampton, Ontario
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups chopped peeled apples (3 to 4 apples)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- For chutney, in a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork chops; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with chutney.
Feb 9, 2015
Great taste. The chutney was really flavorful.
Oct 22, 2014
made this for the first time and it was wonderful ,I work at a restaurant and put it on as a special one night and sold out tight away