Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped peeled apples
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips or butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in cream and egg. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture. Fold in the apples, chips and nuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes. Do not overbake. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. For glaze, combine all ingredients; spread over cooled cookies.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 289 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 29, 2011
I made these using butterscotch chips and they were very good. The cookie alone doesn't have a lot of flavor, I did add cinnamon to the dough as well. The icing (mine was too thick for glaze) added the extra flavor I was looking for, so definitely make the glaze for them!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.