Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped peeled apples
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips or butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in cream and egg. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture. Fold in the apples, chips and nuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes. Do not overbake. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. For glaze, combine all ingredients; spread over cooled cookies.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 289 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 29, 2011
I made these using butterscotch chips and they were very good. The cookie alone doesn't have a lot of flavor, I did add cinnamon to the dough as well. The icing (mine was too thick for glaze) added the extra flavor I was looking for, so definitely make the glaze for them!