- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large apple, sliced
- 2/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons dried tart cherries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- Cut tenderloin crosswise into 12 slices; sprinkle with rosemary, thyme and celery salt. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown pork on both sides; remove from pan.
- In same skillet, combine apple, apple juice, cherries, honey and vinegar. Bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3-4 minutes or just until apple is tender.
- Return pork to pan, turning to coat with sauce; cook, covered, 3-4 minutes or until pork is tender. Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions; serve with pork mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forApple-Cherry Pork Medallions
"I also used craisins with excellent results. Served mine with long grain and wild rice."
"This was a good meal. Because I had apple juice left over from a juice box, I added the extra to the jasmine rice we prefer. The next time I prepare it I will try to end up with more sauce without sacrificing flavor."