Apple Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1-3/4 cups apple juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional whipped cream, cinnamon and peanuts, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, soften gelatin in water; let stand for 2 minutes. In a saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir apple juice, sugar, egg yolks and gelatin is dissolved. Cool to room temperature. In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, cinnamon and nutmeg until smooth. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture until smooth. Chill until slightly thickened, about 20 minutes. Fold in cream. Pour into a an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Chill 4 hours or overnight.
- 2. In a saucepan over medium heat, brown peanuts in butter for 2 minutes. Add applesauce, brown sugar and cinnamon; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Cool. Spread over top of cheesecake. If desired, garnish with whipped cream, cinnamon and peanuts. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 215 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Apple Cheesecake
"I don't know where you shop, but look in the aisle with the jello, graham cracker crust, and pie fillings. It use to be in a pink and white box. Knox Gelentin . It also use to have a picture on the box with a ladies hand showing off the long nails. But it comes in packs too, i believe.I love this cheesecake. "
"I would like to try it, but I am not sure what does it means " envelopes gelatin" . Is it slices??? how much gram or ounces???"
"I made this recipe for Easter and man, it was the best. I love it and going to be making it again real soon. It is different, but a good different.I saw where someone had said they hadn't seen where anyone liked it all together, well I did."
"I MADE THIS CHEESECAKE AND EVERYTHING TURNED OUT, BUT LET ME TELL YOU IT JUST WASNT GOOD. THE FILLING WAS JUST OK AND THE TOPPING WASN NOT THAT GREAT. THE THING ABOUT IT IS JUST THAT THE 2 FLAVORS REALLY DID NOT EVEN GO TOGETHER WELL. THE PEOPLE WHO TRIED IT SAID THEY LIKED THE TOPPING, OR THAT THEY LIKED THE FILLING. NOT ONE PERSON LIKE THE 2 TOGETHER AND HAD TWO THAT SAID THEY DIDNT LIKE EITHER, ONE PERSON WHO SAID THEY LIKED IT. I THINK THAT PERSON WAS JUST TRYING TO BE NICE."