Apple Cheese Wraps
These tortilla-wrapped apple and cheese treats are a light alternative to apple pie, notes Grace Malone from Lafayette, Colorado. "They're also a fun brunch item," she says.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 10 tablespoons reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat; stir in brown sugar until dissolved. Add the apples, raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook and stir over medium heat until apples are tender. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool slightly.
- Place each tortilla on a 12-in. square piece of foil. Top with about 1/4 cup apple mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Fold in sides of tortilla and roll up. Wrap in foil.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over wraps. Serve warm with whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 302 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Apple Cheese Wraps in Light & Tasty February/March 2003