- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded Colby cheese, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk egg and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the apple, dates and walnuts.
- Spread half of the batter into a 6-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 2/3 cup cheese. Top with remaining batter; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Serve warm.
1 slice: 378 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 434mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.