Apple-Cheddar French Toast
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 packages (12-1/2 ounces each) frozen French toast
- 8 ounces thinly sliced fully cooked ham
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 cup granola cereal with raisins
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- Prepare French toast according to package directions. Place six slices in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with ham, 2 cups cheese and remaining French toast. Spread pie filling over top; sprinkle with granola.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and brown sugar; serve with French toast. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 484 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 708mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 12, 2009
My husband loves this recipe. I used to purchase frozen french toast, which made this a quick fix. I'm no longer able to find the frozen french toast in our area so I stopped making it as it would take too long to make it from scratch and then add to the dish. We also preferred using granola without raisins. It's a very hardy breakfast and a nice change from the many egg dishes out there.