- 6 cups julienned carrots (about 9 ounces)
- 4 medium Fuji, Gala or other sweet apples, julienned
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pistachios, divided
- Dash salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add 1/2 cup pistachios; toss to combine. Season with salt to taste. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Just before serving, sprinkle with remaining pistachios. Yield: 8 servings (1 cup each).
Reviews forApple-Carrot Slaw with Pistachios
"I cut the recipe down to serve 2; and used a champagne dressing. Very delicious! Thank you, Linda for sharing this recipe."