- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a well-greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread over crust.
- In a small bowl, toss apples with cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining sugar; spoon over cream cheese layer. In another bowl, mix flour, brown sugar and oats; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apple layer.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until filling is set. Drizzle with caramel topping; cool in pan on a wire rack 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forApple Caramel Cheesecake Bars
"Made these for a ladies church group and everyone thought they were delicious. Lots of requests for the recipe. A little labor intensive, but end result was worth it."
"Love the cheescake and apple flavor combination. Almost a little too sweet, but it disappeared fast."
"I made these for my coworkers and now they are requested by them all the time! So good!"
"Really yummy. I left off the caramel, hubby wont eat it if it's too sweet. Was perfect"
"Everyone loved these bars. I did use 3 large apples. I will definitely make again! Next time I might make the bottom crust a little thinner and maybe try adding a little cinnamon to the crust and streusel as another suggested. Yummy even without the caramel."
"Thought this was really, really good. Has a really good crust that could be used for other bars. Made as directed."
"This is a really tasty fall treat. Made this recently and everyone loved it. I omitted the caramel since I was taking it to a function and didn't want it to be too messy. Even without the caramel it was delicious. Tasted like a bite size cheesecake!"
"Very good foundation recipe and the perfect size for parties. I made these yesterday. Quite a process. I am a very experienced baker and very organized in the kitchen. My processes go quickly and cleanly. This was a lengthy process for me. Maybe it was just an off day :( ....we all have them. I followed the recipe to a "t" after reading all the reviews. I shared the finished bars with the families of two of my sons. All, along with myself and my husband, felt that there could have been more flavor...more of an apple pie spice type flavor and definitely more apples. Would I make them again.....yes, but I would add cinnamon to both the crust and the streusel and would add an extra apple or two. I'm not sure the caramel made much difference to taste or texture except to add additional calories."
"This recipe is AMAZING. And really a fun project. Never fail."
"These bars are delicious and were a big hit at my house. Definitely will make them again. I peeled and shredded the apple which I think is easier than finely chopping."