Apple Caramel Cheesecake Bars
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a well-greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread over crust.
- In a small bowl, toss apples with cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining sugar; spoon over cream cheese layer. In another bowl, mix flour, brown sugar and oats; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apple layer.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until filling is set. Drizzle with caramel topping; cool in pan on a wire rack 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 191 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 10, 2018
Made this recipe two times, now. My husband says; “ it’s a keeper”!!! Next time I make it, I “will” soften the apples a bit, to make sure they are completely done. Otherwise' the chopping needs to produce “extremely” small pieces. The finished product would be beautiful on any holiday tray. The flavor was excellent and the crust was my favorite part. I will make it again and again, with the one exception, to soften ” the ??’s”.
Oct 7, 2018
Very experienced baker. Lots of work and a messy kitchen, but delicious. Baked crust 10 minutes, filled, baked additional 40 minutes. I was hoping for bars that people could grab on a napkin, take outside, and pick up to eat, but these are thick and a bit too wobbly for that, more a plate and fork dessert. Make again? 50/50.
Sep 30, 2018
Made these this morning for mother's assisted living group. Everthing came out good, though I did leave off the caramel sauce and did add cinnamon to the crust and topping as other people suggested. Gave one to my husband who is my taste tester. He thought they were good but needed more of the apples. This will definitly go in my book or recipes to make at a later date. Thank you for sharing.
Sep 26, 2018
I live at high altitude. (over 7,200 feet) So things do cook differently up here. I was disappointed in the base layer of this recipe. It seemed way too thick. The filling and streusel were delicious. I will try making this again but possibly using store bought pie crust and rolling it out to fit the pan.
Sep 26, 2018
Oct 27, 2017
Made these for a ladies church group and everyone thought they were delicious. Lots of requests for the recipe. A little labor intensive, but end result was worth it.
Sep 26, 2017
Love the cheescake and apple flavor combination. Almost a little too sweet, but it disappeared fast.
Aug 15, 2017
I made these for my coworkers and now they are requested by them all the time! So good!
Dec 5, 2016
Really yummy. I left off the caramel, hubby wont eat it if it's too sweet. Was perfect
Nov 14, 2016
Everyone loved these bars. I did use 3 large apples. I will definitely make again! Next time I might make the bottom crust a little thinner and maybe try adding a little cinnamon to the crust and streusel as another suggested. Yummy even without the caramel.