Apple Butterscotch Crisp Recipe
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. Place apples in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, oats, pudding mix and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours or until apples are tender. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
1 cup: 406 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Apple Butterscotch Crisp
"Definitely yummy! For those who are wondering, 1/3 cup pudding mix is approximately half of a 3.5-oz package (I doubled the recipe, so used the whole box...and it also took longer to cook)."
"easy to make and very tasty!"
"The picture accurately depicts the results. The topping is in no way crisp; it's greasy and gluey. Also, it's overpoweringly sweet with both the brown sugar and the pudding mix and the butterscotch flavor takes over. Won't make this one again without modifications."
"I have found my recipe for apple crisp...I will use no other. I was even able to make this 'safe' for my youngest who can't have any chemicals in his diet. There is a 'safe' butterscotch pudding by Dr. Oetker Organics. It was amazing!!! I did it in the oven to make the topping nice a crisp. YUM"
"H0w would you make this for 9 or 10 people"
"1/3 Cup = how many boxes and what size?"