- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 cups cubed French bread
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional cinnamon baking chips, melted, optional
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in apples and brown sugar. Cook over medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Add the apple mixture, chips and walnuts; toss to coat. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and vanilla; pour over bread mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Drizzle with melted cinnamon chips if desired. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forApple Butterscotch Bread Pudding
"I had no butterscotch chips so I subbed with all cinnamon chips. My co-workers gobbled it up!"
"This made a big hit with all my friends and it was so quick."