Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup apple butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground ginger, cloves and nutmeg
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Whisk in salt and spices until well blended. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 400° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover edges loosely with foil during the last 20 minutes if necessary. Cool on wire rack. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared apple butter.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 328 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 304mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 28, 2015
The best pumpkin pie ever! The apple butter just adds the right flavor and tones down the pumpkin a little. Our family really liked it!
Dec 7, 2013
Although I prefer a fluffy-type pie, this one was pretty darn good. I like the flavor the apple butter adds to the pumpkin. Followed the recipe as is, and I don't think I would change anything when I make it again. Nummy!
Jan 12, 2013
I am about to make this for the third time tonight! My family really likes this pie!
Nov 14, 2012
Have made this twice serving it to a number of different people with very positive reviews and have shared recipe with several. Really a "keeper" (not the pie, it disappears too fast; but the recipe).
Oct 24, 2012
Made this pie yesterday. Mine was darker than pictured but think that was because I used dark brown sugar. Served it to friends and the guy ate 1/3 of the pie smothered with whipped cream! I think this would be delicious baked like a custard. Will definitely make this again -- soon!
Nov 26, 2011
Found a new favorite thanksgiving and Christmas dessert!
Oct 16, 2011
I don't normally like pumpkin pie however I tried a little of this one after baking it for my family last Christmas. It is awesome and I've made it twice this fall and received many compliments!
Mar 2, 2010
This is really good. It has a really nice texture and a little different flavor of pumpkin pie than we are used to. Perfect fall pie!
Dec 26, 2009
Dec 11, 2009
I am not the biggest fan of basic pumpkin pie so I wated to try this instead for our Thanksgiving dinner and it was such a hit! So absolutly delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.