- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter. Stir in flour and seasonings. Whisk cornstarch and chicken stock until smooth; gradually stir into onion mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly.
- Transfer to a blender; cover and process until smooth. Return all to pan and heat through. Stir in cream cheese and apple butter; cook and stir just until blended. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
Reviews forApple Butter & Onion Gravy
"Great, unique flavor. I'm always looking for gravy recipes to make when I fry a turkey (no drippings). Definitely will make again, especially when I want to wow the crowd."