Apple Bundt Cake Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups diced peeled apples
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- BUTTER CREAM SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and oil. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to batter (batter will be very stiff). Fold in apples and pecans.
- 2. Pour into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 3. For sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan. Add the sugar, cream and vanilla. cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved and sauce is heated through. Slice cake; serve with warm sauce. Refrigerate leftover sauce. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 each: 560 calories, 35g fat (9g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 222mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Apple Bundt Cake
"this was my first cake from scratch. it was great and a big hit. Very rich and very moist. I thought the batter was extremely thick and thought I was doing it wrong but stuck it through to the end and loved it."
"There is never enough of this for my family - every time it is gone they ask me to make it again!"
"very good cake i find its even better if you make a day or 2 ahead the flavor is even better as it sits if you can keep it around that long! :)"
"This cake was awesome!!! My brother ate 3 pieces. My family rated this cake very high. Yes indeed it was EXTREMELY stiff. It did have a lot of oil but next time I will try using 1/2 of the oil and 1/2 applesauce. The recipe didn't indicate what kind of apples, so I used Granny Smith. I recommend this cake to all!!"
"This is a good recipe, and I absolutely love the sauce! I made it for a class of 30 adults, and I got many compliments and two recipe requests. The sauce is probably the best part! Three tips: The sauce as it was cooling kept wanting to separate, but as long as I stirred it every now and then as it was cooling the sauce came out perfect. Secondly, for those that might think that 1 and 1/2 cups oil is alot, try substituting half of that with applesauce. It will make a less oily, more moist and flavorful cake. And lastly, the recipe says that the batter will be stiff and that was totally an understatement! But resist the temptation to add some liquid and follow the recipe. The cake will turn out fine. Will definitely make this again!"