Carrots seem so simple, but this recipe is something special. Sweet and buttery, this was a favorite my mother always used to serve at holiday time. —Darlis Wilfer, West Bend, Wisconsin
Recommended: Top 10 Easter Dinner Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine carrots and apple juice. Cook, covered, on high until carrots are tender, 3-4 hours.
- Remove carrots from slow cooker; discard juices. Return carrots to slow cooker. Stir in brown sugar, butter and salt. Cook, covered, on high until carrots are glazed, 15-20 minutes longer. If desired, sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apple & Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p36