Apple Brie Quesadillas Recipe
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 2 medium tart apples, sliced
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed and quartered
- 1. In a small skillet over medium heat, cook the onions, vinegar, sugar, thyme and rosemary in oil for 10 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
- 2. Spoon the mixture over half of each tortilla; top with apples and cheese. Fold over. Cook on a griddle over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 514 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 756mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 9g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Apple Brie Quesadillas
"Loved this recipe - elegant flavor combination. Will definitely be making this again."
"Made as directed with the exception I baked them in the oven instead of finiishing on a griddle. Great taste that went over very well as an appetizer. The brie, balsamic vinegar, apples and onions made for a very elegant combination. Will definately make again."
"I was tired of my old appetizer recipes and wanted to make something different for an upcoming party. This recipe turned out to be a GREAT hit! Everyone was expecting it to be Mexican and pleasantly surprised at the unique taste. I modified the recipe slightly. I added cooked applewood bacon pieces to the mixture. I also double the recipe and for the other half, I used fresh mozzerella instead of the brie. In addition, I cooked the quesadillas in the oven at 475 F for 7-8 minutes until crispy and lightly brown. I had several requests for the recipe. This one is definitely a keeper! Next time I may try it with cooked chicken."