- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped peeled apples (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350° Line two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans with parchment paper; grease paper.
- Whisk together first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, oil and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened (batter will be thick). Fold in apples and walnuts.
Transfer to prepared pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 50-55 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
Freeze option: Securely wrap cooled loaves in plastic and foil, then freeze. To use, thaw at room temperature. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews forApple Bread
"This is a very good recipe! It smells fantastic, and tastes great. I'll be making this again soon! (I used previously picked and sliced apples from our tree, and then frozen. I thawed the apples first, and then added them to the bread. Worked great!)"
"I added milk to the recipe and one more egg. I just added enough to give it a cake like batter consistency. I have it in the oven now. Just waiting to see how it turns out."
"I have never heard of apple bread before but it is really good and with going into apple season this is great - I used Granny Smith apples - it was awesome"
"Good recipe, the only I added a small mixture of cinnamon and sugar to the bottom of the loaf pans before pouring in the batter and then sprinkled some on top before putting it in the oven. Gave it a nice flavor, will definitely make it again."
"easy and delicious"
"I didn't find this had a lot of flavor, the apples got lost?!"
"turned out wonderfully! My husband LOVED this recipe"