Apple Bran Muffins for Two
"My mom taught me how to make these moist, tasty muffins. I love to make them in the fall with crisp, in-season apples." —Kelly Kirby, Westville, Nova Scotia
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup All-Bran
- 2/3 cup shredded peeled tart apple
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the milk, egg, brown sugar, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in remaining ingredients.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 208 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Aug 9, 2014
The recipe published in TOH was not this one...it yielded 2 dozen and was published as part of my TOH field editor write up with 3 other recipes. Not sure why it's showing now as muffins for "two" and yield is 6.