Apple, Blue Cheese & Bibb Salad for Two
Red or Golden Delicious apples add a burst of fall flavor to this simple salad. Blue cheese and toasted walnuts make it even more special. —Rebekah Beyer, Sabetha, Kansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon mustard seed, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon stone-ground mustard (whole grain)
- Dash salt
- Dash coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 3/4 cup chopped Red and/or Golden Delicious apple
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons walnut halves, toasted
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- In a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients until blended. In a bowl, combine lettuce, apple and cheese. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts and raisins. Serve immediately.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 299 calories, 24g fat (6g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Apple, Blue Cheese & Butter Lettuce Salad in Taste of Home October 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.