VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 jar (12 ounces) raspberry preserves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a mixing bowl, combine 2-1/2 cups flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. Beat in butter just until moistened. Set aside 2 cups for topping. Pat remaining oat mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss apples with remaining flour. Stir in the preserves; spread over hot crust to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine nuts and reserved oat mixture; sprinkle over fruit mixture. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Apple-Berry Streusel Bars in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p13
Reviews forApple-Berry Streusel Bars
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review