Apple Beet Salad
From Hattiesburg, Mississippi, field editor Shirley Glaab relays, "Tart apples and pickled beets add zest to this colorful salad."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups diced peeled apples
- 2 cups diced pickled beets
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Gently fold in apples and beets. If desired, serve on a lettuce-lined plate and top with chopped egg.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 99 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 271mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Apple Beet Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1996