- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) sweet and spicy barbecue sauce
- 2 cups applesauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Sprinkle drumsticks with pepper. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Brown drumsticks in batches; drain. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan, stirring to combine. Return chicken to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20-25 minutes or until chicken is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forApple Barbecue Chicken
"Delicious recipe! 5 lbs of drumsticks is a good amount. I steamed the drumsticks in my food steamer first, then boiled the sauce ingredients together.- Theresa"
"I used drumsticks and thighs and followed the sauce and cooking directions exactly.... wouldn't change a thing!"