- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium Gala apples, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Sprinkle pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown pork chops on both sides; remove from pan.
- In same skillet, add apples, mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in rice, broth, vinegar, thyme, and remaining salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, 5 minutes.
- Place pork chops over top; cook, covered, 4-6 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forApple-Balsamic Pork Chops & Rice
"This was yummy and quick too. I left out the mushrooms because my husband doesn't like them and it was still good."
"So tasty! I usually don't like rice, but this recipe went fast."
"This is a good recipe, goes together fast. The vinegar helps a lot by giving it a flavorful tang. I used instant brown rice as directed. Next time I'll either precook regular brown rice, or add more broth or less instant rice for added moistness."
"Rave reviews from everyone! Wonderful flavor combination. I used regular brown rice precooked. Everything else the same."
"Delicious and fast. I followed the recipe exactly except I used short-grain brown rice which I cooked ahead of time. Will make again--soon."