- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped apple
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cheese, bacon and apple.
- Transfer to two greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Reviews forApple-Bacon Mini Loaves
"I cannot get enough of these! These are so yummy! I made them as muffins instead of loaves, and it makes about 8 muffins. A great on-the-go breakfast!"
"These mini loaves are so easy to make and so yummy! I made them as muffins and they turned out great!"
"Delicious! Tasty and hard to stop eating! It is moist, salty and sweet just plain good!"
"Saw this receipe on today's e-mail; had all the ingredients so tried it. I was not impressed as we enjoy a sweeter bread. The natural taste of the apples didn't shine thru. Perhaps someone else will have better success."
"I'm from Maryville,Tn just ten from Knoxville.I made this and used whole wheat flour and added a bit sour cream and a bit of brown sugar."
"These loaves would be a wonderful addition to the brunch table. I wasn't sure if I would like the combination of apple, bacon, and cheese in a bread, but they were great, and SUPER moist!"